Finding the perfect gaming headset can be quite a difficult task. There are so many choices out there, each with their specific advantage. Each one also has a unique set of specification that we must factor in as well.
To help you narrow down your search, I would like to share some of my suggestions on what are some headsets you should consider buying.
1. Kingston Hyper X Gaming Headset
The Kingston Hyper X is a state-of-the-art headset equipped with surround sound technology and 53 mm neodymium drivers. The audio quality is crisp and realistic, which gives you a different level of gaming experience, and even allows you to hear the faintest sounds in the background.
The headset also sports a lightweight and ergonomic design to give you maximum comfort while you play. This is one of the most comfortable models on the market so you can wear it even for long hours.
- 7.1 surround sound technology
- Compatible with devices such as the PS4, Switch, laptops, and smartphones
- Microphone has clear voice quality and noise canceling features
- Comes in 3 stylish colors
- Does not come with software to adjust sound tone and bass
- Soundcard is easily damaged
- Not compatible with Xbox One (you still need to buy an extra adaptor)
2. Creative Sound Blaster H5 Tournament Edition Gaming Headset
The H5 Tournament Edition headset is a clear upgrade over its predecessor. The manufacturers of Creative focused on improving sound quality and depth. While it does not give you a surround sound option, considering its very affordable price, it still provides you with very solid audio. The drivers are a bit smaller at 50mm drivers, but thankfully the sound quality is not affected.
The headset also comes with Creative’s revolutionary software, which allows you to choose a specific sound profile from a list of pre-installed choices. If you are a gamer that is particular with kind of sound for a particular game, you will find this feature very useful. This model is clear value-for-money deal.
- Improved sound quality with greater precision on background effects
- Comes with 3.5 mm jack adaptor
- Use the Creative software to choose from 5 different sound profiles
- Provides 1-year limited warranty
- Affordable price
- No surround sound technology feature
- Although light, the dimensions make it a little bulky and hard to bring around
- Ear cups do not swivel
- Software does not allow you to change sound dynamics (bass, tone, echo, etc.)
3. Siberia 800 Wireless Gaming Headset
If you are looking for a cordless gaming headset that allows you greater freedom to move around as you play, you might want to consider the Siberia 800. Despite using wireless frequency, the audio quality is top-of-the-line. The heightened sound is crystal clear and realistic to help improve focus as you play. You also have the option to activate the surround sound feature for more intense gaming sessions, all with the press of a button.
The headset also comes with two lithium ion batteries and a fast charger so that you can play longer without the fear of the batteries dying out on you mid-game. Couch control also gives you the convenience to adjust settings even while far away from the console.
- Top-notch sound quality
- Wireless technology has a maximum range of 12 meters (40 feet)
- Ear cups have memory foam padding for increased comfort
- 20-hour battery life and 70-minute fast charging features
- Easy mobilization, ear cups can be folded up to 90 degrees
- Use a transmitter and software to customize sound exactly how you like it
- Big and bulky size
- High-end level headset with a high price
As I have stated before, the headset you buy will highly depend on your gaming requirements. Today, I have presented three choices, each giving you a specific benefit. All three also have a different price point to fit your budget.